If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A Japanese savory pancake —Hana
- 1/2 cup flour, sifted
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 pinch dashi (bonito fish) powder [optional]
- 1/3 cup nagaimo (Chinese yam), grated [optional]
- 2 cups cabbage, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons beni shoga (pickled ginger) [optional]
- 4 tablespoons tenkasu (deep fried tempura batter) [optional]
- 6 slices of pork belly
- tonkatsu sauce & mayonnaise
- aonori (dried seaweed flakes) [optional]
- katsuobushi (dried bonito flakes) [optional]
- Mix the flour, eggs, water, dashi powder, and nagaimo.
- Add the cabbage, green onion, beni shoga, and tenkasu.
- Heat a large frying pan to medium and add oil.
- Pour half the batter into a circle shape.
- Place 3 slices of pork belly on top.
- Put on a lid and cook for 5 minutes.
- Flip, and cook the other side without a lid for 4 minutes.
- Flip again. Spread tonkatsu sauce and mayonnaise on top. Sprinkle aonori and katsuobushi liberally.