If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A Japanese savory pancake —Hana
cup flour, sifted
pinch dashi (bonito fish) powder [optional]
cup nagaimo (Chinese yam), grated [optional]
cups cabbage, chopped
green onion, chopped
tablespoons beni shoga (pickled ginger) [optional]
tablespoons tenkasu (deep fried tempura batter) [optional]
slices of pork belly
tonkatsu sauce & mayonnaise
aonori (dried seaweed flakes) [optional]
katsuobushi (dried bonito flakes) [optional]
- Mix the flour, eggs, water, dashi powder, and nagaimo.
- Add the cabbage, green onion, beni shoga, and tenkasu.
- Heat a large frying pan to medium and add oil.
- Pour half the batter into a circle shape.
- Place 3 slices of pork belly on top.
- Put on a lid and cook for 5 minutes.
- Flip, and cook the other side without a lid for 4 minutes.
- Flip again. Spread tonkatsu sauce and mayonnaise on top. Sprinkle aonori and katsuobushi liberally.