If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When it comes to the “Salted-Cashew Orange-Cranberry Brownies”, I cannot find enough words how awesome they are. Flavors of chocolate, honey, and coconut mixed with the fresh and fruity aroma of oranges and cranberries, topped by bites of salted cashews. Simple to make, really, but I was blown away. You will be, too! —Florian @ Contentedness Cooking
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups whole spelt flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 3/4 cup cashew butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 pieces oranges, juiced
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup greek yoghurt
- 1 pinch orange zest
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 5 ounces dark chocolate (at least 70%)
- 1 cup salted cashews, roasted
- 1 splash milk
- Preheat oven about 375°F (190°C) and prepare a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Melt 3.5 oz (100 g) of the chocolate in a saucepan or in the microwave. In the meantime, juice the oranges and melt the coconut oil.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, orange juice, vanilla and orange extract, coconut oil, melted chocolate, 1/2 cup (50 g) of the salted cashews, honey, vanilla, yoghurt, baking powder and soda, cashew butter, cocoa, cranberries salt and a splash of milk to thin.
- Transfer the batter to the pan, sprinkle with the rest of the salted cashew nuts, break the chocolate into small chunks and sprinkle. Bake for 40 minutes, let sit aside for 10 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Honey