If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This potato salad is the perfect pairing with our schnitzel recipe. The two always went together with cucumber salad when my mother, Lucie, made this meal. It is one of our family's absolute favorites, so it is our pleasure to share it. Mayonaisse is the key ingredient, so be sure not to skimp! —ayearinthekitchen
Serves 4 - 6
- 8 - 10 medium sized red bliss or white potatoes
- 1 cup good quality mayonaisse
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- salt to your liking
- a pinch of sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion or scallions
- a few grinds of black pepper
- garnish with curly or flat leaf parsley
- Bring water to a boil over in a large pot. Add potatoes and a little salt and reduce heat a little and cook potatoes until they are tender, about 20-25 minutes. Drain and cool in a colander, until potatoes are ready for peeling and cutting.
- Cut potatoes into one inch cubes and place them in a bowl, salting each layer. The salting is a necessary step and should not be overlooked - it brings out their flavor. In a separate serving bowl, mix mayonaisse, oil, vinegar, mustard and sugar until mixture is creamy. Slowly add salted potatoes to the serving bowl and combine so that the potatoes are evenly coated with the dressing.
- Add red onion and mix. Before serving grind a little pepper onto top of salad and garnish with parsley.