If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These whole grain muffins are made with spelt flour, sweetened with honey, and contain omega-3-rich chia seeds. They are tender, moist, and best eaten warm out of the oven. —Gather & Dine
Makes 12 muffins
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 cup plain yogurt (whole or low fat)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest (from 2 large lemons)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 400. Grease or line 12 muffins cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the spelt flour, chia seeds, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, lightly whisk together the eggs. Add the yogurt, honey, melted butter, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just incorporated, being careful not to overmix.
- Cool slightly on wire racks and serve warm or at room temperature.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Honey