If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple Greek lentil soup with only one direction to follow. Seriously! —Ala Lemon
- 250 grams lentils (½ cup lentils)
- 1 liter water (4 cups - 750ml / 3½ cups if you're using a pressure cooker)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tomato, grated (or 2 tbsp canned chopped tomatoes)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ tablespoons vinegar (or more, to taste)
- Salt & pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Optional: sort your lentils to make sure there aren’t any small stones left. Rinse the lentils and let them soak for a couple of hours in lukewarm water before cooking.
- Put all the ingredients together in a saucepan and cook for 45mn to 1 hour over medium heat, until the lentils are cooked.
- If you use a pressure cooker, the soup will be ready in 20 minutes.
- I serve mine with a handful of plum black olives, such as Volos.
- Find more recipes on my blog http://alalemon.com