If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If you have nothing, you still can make soup. If there is no egg it will still work. —anka
- 2 tablespoons bacon fat you save when frying bacon ( if you do ),or roast drippings or just oil ( I had roast drippings )
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground caraway but you can use ground cumin
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon corse sea salt, ( If you are using drippings be careful with salt )
- black pepper
- 1 egg
- Heat drippings or oil, add flour and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add caraway and water.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Beat 1 egg in small bowl, add to the soup by whisking with fork.
- Take from the stove and serve.