cups good chicken, vegetable or beef broth (homemade or store-bought)
green onions, diagonally sliced
small zucchini, julienne
jalapeno pepper, julienne
Flat leaf parsley
black tiger shrimps, peeled and deveined
box - 2 puff pastry sheets
In This Recipe
- To start to make sure everything is cold, it is important.
- In soup bowls ( 4-6 inches across and the depth 2 to 3 inches ) put zucchini, jalapeno, onion, parsley and 3 shrimps per person.
- Add 1 cup of broth in each bowl ( If you are using stock check for seasoning). The pastry should not touch broth.
- Trim puff pastry, brush edge of the bowl with the egg and cover the bowl with pastry, pastry must be at list bigger by inch then bowl.
- Put bowls on baking sheet.
- Brush with whisked egg.
- Carefully put in preheated oven on 425F and bake for 18- 20 minutes until the pastry puffs and it is golden.
- Before you serve let sit for 10 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for the Shore