If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sweet and aromatic vanilla honey liquor, easy and quick to make. It makes a wonderful present, especially for women, I would say. —adinab
Makes 1 smallish bottle
- 2 vanilla beans
- 70 grams brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons clear honey
- 125 milliliters water
- 250 milliliters brandy
- Split one vanilla bean, scrape out the seeds and place them and the empty vanilla pod in a small pot. Add the water, sugar and honey.
- Bring everything to a boil and let simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes on very low heat.
- Remove from the heat, take out the split vanilla bean and let the liquid cool down. When cold add the brandy.
- Place the second vanilla bean in a nice bottle. Strain the liquor through a coffee or tea filter, than fill it in the prepared bottle.
- Store in a dark, cool place for up to 4 months.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Honey
More Great Recipes: