Author Notes: Sweet and aromatic vanilla honey liquor, easy and quick to make. It makes a wonderful present, especially for women, I would say. —adinab
Makes: 1 smallish bottle
grams brown sugar
tablespoons clear honey
In This Recipe
- Split one vanilla bean, scrape out the seeds and place them and the empty vanilla pod in a small pot. Add the water, sugar and honey.
- Bring everything to a boil and let simmer, covered, for about 15 minutes on very low heat.
- Remove from the heat, take out the split vanilla bean and let the liquid cool down. When cold add the brandy.
- Place the second vanilla bean in a nice bottle. Strain the liquor through a coffee or tea filter, than fill it in the prepared bottle.
- Store in a dark, cool place for up to 4 months.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Honey