If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: There is something about going away that leaves a house feeling empty once one returns. I wanted to fill the house with warm cooking smells to let it know we were home. There is just something so comforting about the aroma of roast chicken. So fragrant and inviting, as if the surrounding air could penetrate your skin and fortify you without even taking a bite. This is a meal that can be quickly prepared; it will fill the house with the most fragrant of smells with the mildest bit of effort. Honey and ginger sweeten and spice the succulent wings while the spinach makes it a meal. —10 Legs in the Kitchen
- 6 wings, drumettes separated from the wing (rinsed and pat dry)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1" knob of fresh ginger, peeled and cut into dice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- many grinds fresh pepper
- 5 cloves of fresh garlic, peeled, cut into chunks
- 1/2 fresh lemon
- 2 cups baby spinach, cleaned and spun dry
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Toss the chicken with the oil, vinegar and seasoning.
- Spread the chicken out onto a baking sheet and tuck the garlic and ginger in amongst the pieces.
- Lightly squeeze the lemon juice over (leave much of the juice in the lemon, un-squeezed, so it will roast along with the chicken and can be squeezed later).
- Roast in the oven for approximately 45 minutes. Check in on them at 20 minutes and give them a toss if needed. They should turn a lovely shade of caramel but not burn. When cooked through, sticky, caramel and wafting of delightful aroma, remove from the oven. Drizzle in a little more vinegar if you like and cook a further 5 minutes or not.
- Toss the baby spinach over the chicken and squeeze the lemon juice over the spinach. Gently, using your clean paws, mix the spinach in with the chicken pieces which will help transfer flavor to the greens and warm them.
- Divide amongst two plates and serve right away.
- Garnishing with small, halved, cherry tomatoes is nice if you have some.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Honey
More Great Recipes: