If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is my favorite way to roast either chicken or turkey. It's incredibly flavorful, crispy and juicy. —sisaaacs1
- one whole organic chicken
- 1/4 cup truffle butter, room temperature
- 1 lemon
- 1 bunch fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Wash and dry inside and outside of chicken.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Gently slide index finger under skin of each side of breast and thighs, slowly detaching skin from meat.
- Carefully slide the truffle butter in between the skin and meat of the chicken in all 4 places.
- Cut the lemon in half and put both halves inside the cavity of the bird. Put the thyme inside the cavity with the lemon.
- Rub skin with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in roasting pan and roast until skin is golden and crispy and temperature of chicken is 170 degrees.