Author Notes: This is my favorite way to roast either chicken or turkey. It's incredibly flavorful, crispy and juicy. —sisaaacs1
one whole organic chicken
cup truffle butter, room temperature
bunch fresh thyme
tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Wash and dry inside and outside of chicken.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Gently slide index finger under skin of each side of breast and thighs, slowly detaching skin from meat.
- Carefully slide the truffle butter in between the skin and meat of the chicken in all 4 places.
- Cut the lemon in half and put both halves inside the cavity of the bird. Put the thyme inside the cavity with the lemon.
- Rub skin with olive oil and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken in roasting pan and roast until skin is golden and crispy and temperature of chicken is 170 degrees.