If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The slight tang from the goat's milk give this Cherry, honey & Walnut Ice Cream a delicious unique flavor. —May I have that recipe
- 3 cups Goat's Milk
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 pint cream
- 1/2 tablespoon whiskey or more to taste
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup fresh cherries, pitted and cut in half
- Combine goat's milk and 1/3 cup plus 2 tbsp honey in a medium sauce pan and bring to a simmer (this should take about 12 to 15 minutes), stirring often
- Lightly beat egg yolks in a medium bowl. Slowly mix in about a 1/2 cup of the hot milk, to temper the yolks . Pour the egg and milk mixture on the sauce pan and continue cooking over medium-low heat for another 5 minutes, stirring constantly until it thickens slightly
- Remove from heat, strain and let it cool. Once it's cool, refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Add cream and whiskey to the cold mixture and pour into the ice cream maker. Churn according to manufacturer's directions
- While the ice cream is churning, prepare the caramelized walnuts. Combine walnuts and 1 tbsp honey in a non stick skillet. Cook over medium heat for about 4 minutes, stirring often. Set aside to cool
- Once the ice cream is ready, fold in caramelized walnuts and cherries
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Honey