If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Oatmeal doesn't have to be bland in order to be healthy. You'll be surprised how bright and flavorful the apple makes this hearty breakfast. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/apple-cherry-oatmeal —Healthline
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole-grain oatmeal
- 2 granny smith apples, cored
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Combine water, milk, cherries, apple pie spice, and vanilla in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring mixture to a simmer and stir in oatmeal. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, uncovered, until thickened and no liquid remains, about 20 minutes.
- Using a grater, shred apples and add to oatmeal, stirring to combine. Drizzle with honey and serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Honey