If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A flavorful stir-fry, that is great either by itself or amphed up with some rice noodles.I like to use carrots and snowpeas, this can be enjoyed with pretty much any other vegetable of our choice. —Rinku Bhattacharya /Spice Chronicles
- 11/2 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 pound of extra firm tofu, cubed
- 3 medium sized carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1/2 pound of snow peas
- 1 tablespoon white miso paste
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon chili paste such as sriracha
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Heat the oil in a large wok and turn and spread to ensure that the oil coats the surface and is shimmering.
- Add in the sesame oil and add the garlic and ginger and sauté lightly.
- Add in the red onion and cook for about 3 minutes, until the onion softens and turns transluscent.
- Add in the tofu, carrots and snow peas and toss well.
- In a mixing bowl, add in the miso, tamari, honey, sriracha and rice vinegar and mix well.
- Add to the tofu mixture and cook for about 5 minutes. Sprinkle the sesame seeds and serve hot.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Honey