If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The science behind this ice cream recipe is simple. Take a creamy-fatty base (the coconut milk), add a super rich, decadent yogurt (vegan, if accessible), and sweeten with the natural sugars found in honey and dates. Whip these ingredients together for a super rich ice cream that never curdles, ices, or lets you down. Slightly acidic and delicately sweet, this ice cream is a perfect harmony. Kind to the belly, delicious for the soul. —Tasty Plan
Makes about 3 cups
- 14 ounces can best quality light coconut milk
- 1 cup best quality coconut (ideally Anita's Creamline Yogurt) or best quality greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup raw local honey
- 4 dates, pitted
- Place coconut milk in a large pot over very low heat. Stir in honey. Whisk until honey dissolves into the milk.
- Remove from heat. Add 1 cup of coconut yogurt and whisk together.
- Add four pitted dates into the coconut mixture.
- Refrigerate, covered, for at least two hours and up to one full day.
- Transfer mixture into blender. Blend at high speed for a minute or so, until dates have been fully incorporated into coconut mixture.
- Pour coconut mixture into pre-frozen ice cream machine, turn on at the lowest speed and run according to manufacturers directions.
- Thaw for five to ten minutes before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coconut
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Non-Dairy Frozen Dessert
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Honey