If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: One of my favorite feta's is Bulgarian (sheep's milk) feta -- it has a slight tang and bite as compared to French feta which is a little smoother; richer. I like the rough angles of Bulgarian feta; the way it bumps up against the cool cucumber and the sweet blood orange. The mint is a refreshing bright bit at the end. —coffeefoodwrite
cup Bulgarian feta
white wine vinager
extra virgin olive oil
fresh ground pepper
handful of mint
- Slice cucumber into thin disks. Cut peel off of blood orange with a knife; removing pilthy white outer stuff. Remove orange sections from between membranes by sliding a sharp knife between sections and removing. Place in bowl and crumble feta over top.
- Drizzle with olive oil and a few shakes of white wine vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice mint thin (save a sprig or two for garnish) and add to salad. Toss well. Garnish with sprig of mint and enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Cucumber Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Dish with Blood Oranges, Feta and Mint