If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Oats are an ideal breakfast food, giving you with long-lasting energy and providing you with a helpful nutrient - beta-glucan - that has been shown to reduce levels of bad cholesterol. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/slow-cooker-cranberry-orange-oatmeal —Healthline
- 8 cups water
- 2 cups steel-cut oatmeal
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup protein powder
- 4 cups fresh orange segments
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/2 cup honey or agave nectar
- Place first 7 ingredients in a lightly greased 6-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Stir in protein powder and top each serving with 1/2 cup fresh orange segments, 1 Tbsp. walnuts, and 1 Tbsp. honey/agave.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Honey