If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I discovered chestnut honey by reading David Leibovitz' posting and searched for it when we were in Paris. Usually we just add a bit to our espresso, but Ainsley Harriott's recipe for figs with chestnut honey inspired this tart. —Linda665
Walnut Shortcrust Pastry
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1 cup quinoa flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 tablespoons water, as needed
- Combine ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Blend until it looks like coarse sand. Add water as needed so that pastry sticks together.
- Press pastry into a 7" tart tin, covering the bottom and sides with an even layer.
- Bake pastry in a preheated 350F oven for 18-20 minutes, until edges are brown. Set aside to cool.
Coconut Custard Filling and Roasted Pear and Chestnut Honey Syrup
- 2 pears, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup chestnut honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons fig or apricot jam
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur
- 400 milliliters full fat coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons Bird's custard powder
- 100 milliliters fresh squeezed orange juice
- Place diced or sliced pear pieces in a along with honey and butter into a 360F oven and roast until browned (about 15 minutes). Remove from oven and stir in 2 tablespoons of orange liqueur and 2 tablespoons of jam. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the coconut milk, custard powder and and 1 tablespoon of sugar (or to taste). Cook on high for 3 minutes, stir and repeat. Custard should be quite thick. Add the orange juice and stir to combine.
- Pour custard into prepared crust and allow to cool. When custard has set, spread pear compote over the top.
- Chill before serving.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Honey