If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a perfect weeknight meal. You get all of the health benefits of eating a whole bunch of kale with the yum factor of pesto!! —Bethany Cornish Smith
- 1 bunch Dino Kale
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup grated parmagiano regiano
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- freshly cracked black pepper
Pasta and Chicken
- 2 shallots, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- 1 medium zucchini
- sea salt and black pepper
- 1 pound dried pasta (I used rigatoni)
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil up in a skillet over medium heat . Add the shallots and saute until they are tender. Season the chicken and add it to the skillet. Brown the chicken until it is cooked through. Turn the heat down to medium, add the zucchini and cover. Allow the zucchini to steam until tender.
- Meanwhile, add all of the ingredients for the pesto to a food processor and pulse to combine.
- Bring 5 quarts of water to a rolling boil. Salt the water generously. Add the pasta to the water and cook until al dente.
- Take 2 tablespoons of the pesto and add it to the skillet with the chicken. Once the pasta has finished cooking, drain it and add the remaining pesto. Mix well and serve with the chicken mixture on top.