If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Quick and easy, pistachio basil pesto is great with pasta, spread on crostini or stirred into a pot of minestrone. —garlic and zest
- 4 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup roasted shelled pistachios
- 1/2 cup grated or shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup or more olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the basil leaves, pistachios, parmesan cheese, 3 cloves garlic, 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes in a blender or food processor. Blend or pulse until you have a rough chop. Gradually add in olive oil, and continue to blend until a smooth paste is formed.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in the lemon juice. Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve. Great on crostini, mixed into hot noodles or couscous, instead of tomato sauce on pizza, stirred into minestrone or spread on a turkey sandwich.