Author Notes: These bite-size savory cookies have just a nip of blackberry preserves dabbed on top -- perfect for party snacking or, rather, anytime snacking. —Food52
Makes: 36 cookies
cup all-purpose flour
cup butter, at room temperature
ounces blue cheese, crumbled
Ground black pepper
About 3 tablespoons blackberry preserves
In This Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the flour, butter, cheese and a few grinds of black pepper in the bowl of a food processor. Process until the dough just comes together and starts to form a ball.
- Dump the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead a few times to pull the dough together. Roll out to 1/4 inch thick with a floured rolling pin. Cut rounds out of the dough with a floured 1-inch cutter and transfer the rounds to the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Using the back of a round half-teaspoon or your knuckle, make an indentation in the top of each dough round. Spoon about 1/4 teaspoon of blackberry preserves into each indentation, using your finger to push the preserves as best as possible into the indentations.
- Bake the savories for 10 to 14 minutes, until the preserves are bubbling and the pastry is light golden on the bottom.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for at least 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool. Serve warm, or make a day ahead and keep them in two layers separated by waxed paper in an airtight container.