Author Notes: These nuts make us feel bright and cheery. Savory from a dose of Herbes de Provence and a little twist of lemon give new life to a bowl normally done up in cinnamon and sugar. —Food52
Makes: 2 cups of nuts
teaspoons sea salt
tablespoon Herbes de Provence
Peel of 1 lemon
cups raw pecan halves
- Combine 1 1/2 cups of boiling water in a glass or ceramic bowl with all of the other ingredients except the pecan halves. Cool to lukewarm, then stir well.
- Add the nuts and allow them to soak for 6 to 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 150° F.
- With a slotted spoon, remove the pecans from the brining liquid and spread them on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Remove the spices and the lemon peel.
- Roast for 10 to 12 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Store leftovers in a tightly lidded container for one week.