If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These nuts make us feel bright and cheery. Savory from a dose of Herbes de Provence and a little twist of lemon give new life to a bowl normally done up in cinnamon and sugar. —Food52
Makes 2 cups of nuts
teaspoons sea salt
tablespoon Herbes de Provence
Peel of 1 lemon
cups raw pecan halves
- Combine 1 1/2 cups of boiling water in a glass or ceramic bowl with all of the other ingredients except the pecan halves. Cool to lukewarm, then stir well.
- Add the nuts and allow them to soak for 6 to 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 150° F.
- With a slotted spoon, remove the pecans from the brining liquid and spread them on a baking sheet lined with parchment. Remove the spices and the lemon peel.
- Roast for 10 to 12 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Store leftovers in a tightly lidded container for one week.