Author Notes: These Spaghetti cupcakes will give a little twist to the usual version, they’re perfect for kids so they don’t mess around and I’m sure some grown-ups will thank me for this too. They’re also completely vegetarian and can easily become a regular meatless Monday recipe. —The Petite Cook
grams good quality spaghetti
cup canned, peeled tomatoes, juices and seeds removed
handfuls baby basil leaves
handfuls grated Parmesan cheese
teaspoon minced garlic
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat, and drizzle with extravirgin olive oil. Add the tomatoes and garlic into the pan and stir fry over high heat for about 2 min.
- Add few basil leaves and season with salt and pepper. Slightly cover with a lid and cook over low heat for about 20 min. Pour a little water through out cooking time if the sauce is getting too dry.
- In the meantime cook your spaghetti. Add them into a pot of salted boiling water and cook for about 10 min for al dente ( see package cooking time instructions). Drain the spaghetti and add them into the sauce pan. Add the remaining basil leaves and drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Stir fry for a minute to allow all the ingredients to mix together. When the pasta is ready, form small cupcakes by rolling a little amount of spaghetti with a fork, just as you would do to eat them.
- Arrange the spaghetti nest into muffin tins and bake for 5 mins in a preheated oven to 360F/190C. Sprinkle with Parmesan shavings and freshly cracked black pepper. Decorate with extra basil leaves and serve. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer