If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These Spaghetti cupcakes will give a little twist to the usual version, they’re perfect for kids so they don’t mess around and I’m sure some grown-ups will thank me for this too. They’re also completely vegetarian and can easily become a regular meatless Monday recipe. —The Petite Cook
grams good quality spaghetti
cup canned, peeled tomatoes, juices and seeds removed
handfuls baby basil leaves
handfuls grated Parmesan cheese
teaspoon minced garlic
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat, and drizzle with extravirgin olive oil. Add the tomatoes and garlic into the pan and stir fry over high heat for about 2 min.
- Add few basil leaves and season with salt and pepper. Slightly cover with a lid and cook over low heat for about 20 min. Pour a little water through out cooking time if the sauce is getting too dry.
- In the meantime cook your spaghetti. Add them into a pot of salted boiling water and cook for about 10 min for al dente ( see package cooking time instructions). Drain the spaghetti and add them into the sauce pan. Add the remaining basil leaves and drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Stir fry for a minute to allow all the ingredients to mix together. When the pasta is ready, form small cupcakes by rolling a little amount of spaghetti with a fork, just as you would do to eat them.
- Arrange the spaghetti nest into muffin tins and bake for 5 mins in a preheated oven to 360F/190C. Sprinkle with Parmesan shavings and freshly cracked black pepper. Decorate with extra basil leaves and serve. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer