If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Want an amazing butternut squash bisque with little effort. Try out this recipe. It's easy and healthy! —Alchemist
- 2 1/2 pounds butternut squash
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter (optional)
- 1 dash salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Half your butternut squash and seed it.
- Place butternut squash in a four or five liter slow cooker with 3 cups of water, salt, black pepper, and brown sugar. Turn slow cooker to low and cook for 8 hours.
- When the squash is cooked, place butternut squash in a blender with one cup of the water from the slow cooker. Blend until smooth.
- Pour puree back into the slow cooker and stir until smooth and thick. Add butter if desired.
- Serve hot.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer