Author Notes: Want an amazing butternut squash bisque with little effort. Try out this recipe. It's easy and healthy! —Alchemist
pounds butternut squash
cup brown sugar
tablespoons butter (optional)
teaspoon black pepper
- Half your butternut squash and seed it.
- Place butternut squash in a four or five liter slow cooker with 3 cups of water, salt, black pepper, and brown sugar. Turn slow cooker to low and cook for 8 hours.
- When the squash is cooked, place butternut squash in a blender with one cup of the water from the slow cooker. Blend until smooth.
- Pour puree back into the slow cooker and stir until smooth and thick. Add butter if desired.
- Serve hot.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer