If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I LOVE salads. I eat one for lunch almost every single day. I really believe that it’s important to eat some raw fruits and vegetables daily. Plus I adore blood oranges! They're in season NOW so try to go out and buy some and make this Blood Orange, Avocado and Baby Kale Salad. It’s so simple, refreshing, and truly delicious! —MaryFrancesCooks
- 2 handfuls baby kale greens – washed and dried
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- 2 blood oranges, peeled with a sharp knife and sliced
- 2 scallions, sliced, white and light green parts only
- Finest extra virgin olive oil you can find – I used Harmonian Kalamata olive oil
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Slice the ends off of the oranges and hold one flat and firm, cut side down, on a cutting board while slicing the peel and pith off with a sharp knife. Roll the orange over and slice into 4 slices.
- Place a handful of baby kale on each plate. Put alternating slices of avocado and blood orange on top of the kale. Top with sliced scallions. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle some olive oil on top. No need for any vinegar as you will have the citrus from the oranges. Enjoy!