If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Panna cotta for coconut lovers. Topped with jam or mango puree, it's an easy make ahead dessert for guests. —Cristina Sciarra
Serves 6-8, depending on the size of your cups
- 2 teaspoons powdered gelatin
- 3 chilled tablespoons water
- 1 3/4 cups best quality cream
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cups coconut milk
- Pour the powdered gelatin into a small bowl. Add the chilled water, and then leave the bowl alone for 5 minutes.
- In a saucepan, gently warm the cream, the 6 tablespoons of sugar, and the salt over medium-low heat. Stir, until the sugar and salt dissolve. (Don’t let the cream reach a simmer.) When the cream is warmed, turn off the heat. Pour in the coconut milk, and whisk in the gelatin. (By this point, the powdered gelatin should have absorbed all the water. It will be the color of champagne, and a soft solid.) After whisking a minute, rub a drop of the cream base between two fingers: it should be smooth. Now ladle the base into individual cups. Cover the cups with plastic wrap, and move them to the fridge for at least 3-4 hours.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Coconut
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer