Author Notes: For pancake day this year I decided to mix up my usual crêpe, I thought I was due a slightly more sophisticated pancake, if only to eat before I stuff my face with my usual guilty rice crispy and maple syrup stuffed pleasure. Chestnut flour has been somewhat of a food obsession of mine recently, it makes really good American style pancakes so I thought it must be just as good as in crêpes. I was right. Health wise they are the only nut to contain Vitamin C essential for keeping you in tip top health and they are the nut with the lowest fat content too meaning that these are a great grain free pancake recipe that won't get in the way of any weight loss goals, plus they add the most deliciously sweet and nutty flavour that is hard to resist.
And roasted blueberries, well they were one happy little idea that I had that worked a treat. You know that amazing squirt of warm blueberry juice you get from blueberry pancakes, its that but you can add it to anything you can think of. Oatmeal, ice cream, french toast, but on these bad boys, it hits the spot. —The All Natural Cure
grams chestnut flour
milliliters almond milk
- Turn the oven on to 100c and place the blueberries on a small tray and in the oven whilst it heats and you make the pancakes.
- Whisk the remaining ingredients together in a bowl and leave to sit whilst you prepare the pan.
- Melt a tsp of coconut oil in a non-stick pan over a medium/high heat, then wipe over a piece of kitchen towel to evenly coat the bottom of the pan and remove any excess.
- Pour in a small ladleful and quickly lift and swirl the pan to spread the batter thinly out to the edges.
- Leave to cook for a couple of minutes, then peek underneath the edge, once golden underneath gently flip and cook the other side for another couple of minutes.
- Keep warm on a plate in with the blueberries.
- Once all the batter is used up, remove the blueberries from the oven and lightly man with a fork to burst out some of the lovely juices.
- Serve right away with the blueberries and a little maple syrup.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer