If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dressing is fruity, sharp and delicious. The first time I served it, a friend, pregnant with twins, developed an instant addiction. She hugged the bowl to her and kept it close for the rest of the meal. You don't have to be expecting anything more than a welcome addition to your salad to enjoy this dressing, but you do have to share. Use the Ume vinegar sparingly; a little goes a long way. —creamtea
- 3 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 2-3 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons ume plum vinegar (available at health-food stores)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup mild oil such as grapeseed, almond or (untoasted) walnut
- a drizzle of toasted sesame oil (optional)
- In a bowl, whisk juices, ume-plum vinegar and salt.
- Add oils in a thin stream, whisking until incorporated. Sample a bit on a lettuce leaf and adjust seasoning. It should be sharp and perky. Serve over a green salad of citrus, tender lettuces and pomegranate seeds with sliced shallots, or a finely chopped raw-vegetable salad with scallions or chives; sharp-sweet alliums go well with the fruity and saltiness of the dressing.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer