Author Notes: This appetizer was first created for an at-home Valentine's dinner. A mix of creamy brie, sweet honey, and salty pistachios melt together in little phyllo bundles that can be eaten on their own or as an addition to a meat and cheese platter. It's a simple recipe that results in a special appetizer for parties or a dinner for two. —Jaclyn
Brie wedge cut into 12 one-inch cubes
Package phyllo dough
cup Toasted pistachios
Melted butter for brushing
- Unwrap the phyllo dough and lay one sheet on a counter or cook surface. Brush sheet with melted butter, layer another phyllo sheet on top and brush with butter. Repeat twice to make a stack of four sheets.
- Cut the phyllo dough stack in half, width wise, and place one brie cube on each section.
- Top brie with about 1 tsp. pistachios and drizzle with honey.
- Gather the edges of the phyllo dough to create a pouch around the cheese. Slightly twist the dough at the top to secure being careful not to rip anything.
- Repeat the steps with the remaining sheets until all of the cheese is used.
- Bake according to the package watching closely so the tops do not burn.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer