If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Makes 2 jars (the bonne maman jam type, so about 400-500g/1⅔-2 cups)
- 850 grams red apples (about 3-4)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar (you can also use maple syrup or sugar, or honey)
- ¼ teaspoons vanilla powder
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 30 grams 2 tbsp butter (for a vegan version, I believe you could use margarine or coconut oil? Let me know)
- Peel, core and dice the apples. Keep the chopped pieces in cold lemony water so they don’t go brown.
- Empty the water and tip the apples into a large saucepan with the sugar.
- Cook over medium heat for about 30 minutes, stirring regularly, until the apples are tender. Add 2-3 tablespoons water if you need to.
- Towards the end, add the vanilla and cinnamon.
- Tip into a blender and purée. Note: I tried using an immersion blender but it didn’t work as well.
- Add the butter and mix again until smooth.
- Pour into jars and store in the fridge (or freezer).
- Serve on toast for breakfast.
- Get more recipes on my blog http://alalemon.com
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer