If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salad is bright, fresh, flavourful and comes together in 10 minutes with just 5 ingredients. I have given the amounts for one serving, as I make it quite often as a quick side salad to take with me for lunch, but you can easily double, triple, or quadruple it to feed more folks. It makes a great starter or side salad to just about any meal. —Nissrine @ Harmony à la Carte
- 1/2 Bulb of Fennel, shaved
- 1 Juicy Orange, segments & juice
- 2 tablespoons White Baslamic Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried or Fresh Thyme
- Cut the bottom off the fennel bulb then lay it side ways, hold it firmly, and slice it into thin rounds. When you get to the half way mark, place the fennel slices in a pile on a serving dish.
- Cut out orange segments. To do this, you will cut off the top and bottom of the orange so that you have two flat surfaces. Place the orange on the cutting board and remove the zest and white pith by running a sharp knife down the sides of the range, separating them from the pulp, without removing too much of the orange pulp. Then, hold the orange in one hand and run the knife along the visible membranes to scoop out the orange segments. You should probably do this over a bowl to catch the juice.
- Whisk together the white balsamic vinegar, olive oil and thyme in a small bowl. Add a splash of the orange juice that was released from the oranges into the bowl. Drizzle over your salad, and enjoy.
- Extra Note: Depending on how dressed you like your salad, you may or may not have some dressing leftover. I always have some leftover, it's handy for snacking, like slicing the other half of the fennel bulb and dipping it in the vinaigrette, what Italians call, "pinzimonio", but they usually make the dip with olive oil, pepper and salt.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer