If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
An inventive way to liven up turnips, the peas in this recipe bring a new texture to a sometimes dull root vegetable while the mint sauce adds a zing of flavor. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com... —Healthline
tablespoons olive oil
tin (14 oz.) marrowfat peas, drained
tablespoons fresh parsley
tablespoon mint sauce
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil, turn down low, and simmer the turnips for 30 minutes. Remove the turnips and scoop out the centres, leaving a 1/2-inch-thick wall.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium-low heat. Add the remaining ingredients and heat for 2 minutes.
- Fill the turnips with the pea mixture and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer