An inventive way to liven up turnips, the peas in this recipe bring a new texture to a sometimes dull root vegetable while the mint sauce adds a zing of flavor. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/stuffed-turnips —Healthline
tablespoons olive oil
tin (14 oz.) marrowfat peas, drained
tablespoons fresh parsley
tablespoon mint sauce
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil, turn down low, and simmer the turnips for 30 minutes. Remove the turnips and scoop out the centres, leaving a 1/2-inch-thick wall.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium-low heat. Add the remaining ingredients and heat for 2 minutes.
- Fill the turnips with the pea mixture and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer