If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Straddling savory and sweet this tender braised cabbage with golden raisins is an easy side for pork and chicken. —garlic and zest
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 red cabbage (between 2 - 2 1/2 pounds), cored, outer leaves discarded, chopped into one inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a heavy pot or dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add onions and sauté for 2-3 minutes until they begin to soften.
- Stir in cabbage, golden raisins, and broth. Cover. When broth begins to boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally until cabbage has wilted and raisins have plumped.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine sugar, vinegar and caraway seeds. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- When cabbage has cooked, add apple cider mixture and stir to combine. Serve.