This simple dish makes a stunning dessert or a great addition to brunch. Pink- and red-fleshed grapefruits are a good source of lycopene, an antioxidant that has been studied for its possible cancer-protective properties, according to the University of Maryland Medical Center. Grapefruit is also an excellent source of Vitamin C. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/broiled-grapefruit —Healthline
pink or red grapefruits
cup packed brown sugar
teaspoon ground cinnamon
cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- Preheat your oven broiler.
- Cut each grapefruit in half. Sprinkle each half with 1 tablespoon brown sugar and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon.
- Arrange the grapefruit halves in a baking pan, with the cut side up. Broil for five minutes or until the sugar is melted. Remove from the oven and cool slightly.
- Top each grapefruit half with 1 tablespoon yogurt and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer