If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I wanted to create a recipe for coleslaw that had a kick but also was on my "diet list" of foods to eat...so I came up with this recipe. When on a diet - I use low fat or fat free mayonnaise - so the poppy seeds and honey help mask the not-so-great taste of the fat free or low fat mayo but still keeps it nice and creamy. I make enough for a week at a time as it keeps well in the fridge. It is important to use the angel hair cut of the coleslaw (cabbage). Also be sure to refrigerate or freeze the opened jar of poppy seeds as they will become rancid otherwise. —Kathy Morbach
- 2/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons Poppy seeds
- 3 tablespoons Honey
- 1 Zest and juice of a lemon
- 2 10 ounces Packages of angel hair coleslaw mix
- To make the coleslaw dressing, whisk together the first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl, Set aside.
- Pour the coleslaw dressing over the coleslaw mix and toss to coat. Refrigerate until cold.