If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Labneh is a traditional Middle Eastern strained yoghurt 'cheese' that gives just the right amount of smug DIY satisfaction without much hassle. —Canalcook
- 250 grams Greek or natural yoghurt
- 1/2 Clove of garlic
- 1-2 teaspoons chili flakes of your choice
- 1-2 teaspoons dried dill
- 1-2 teaspoons zaatar (omit if you want this to be gluten free)
- Pinch of salt
- Line a sieve with the cheesecloth, folded to make a double layer
- Add the yoghurt and remaining ingredients besides the oil and stir well to combine
- Leave in a fridge overnight over a bowl to drain the excess liquid
- Grab the corners of the cheesecloth in the morning to form a bag and squeeze the labneh well to drain out any remaining liquid
- Serve topped with some extra dill, chilli flakes, chopped fresh chili if you have it, and olive oil
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer