If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: If you consider breakfast for dinner to be better than, well, breakfast for breakfast... this is your recipe! For the nights when you are too tired to make an elaborate meal, clean out the contents of your fridge, add some eggs and voila! This recipe can be customized with a wide variety of vegetables--whatever you have on hand! Also, feel free to jazz up the type of goat cheese you use, I made mine with a fennel pollen and lavender dusted goat cheese. —Jenny Goycochea
cup diced Bacon
tablespoons Sliced Green Garlic
cup Baby Broccoli
ounces Goat Cheese (I used a specialty goat cheese with fennel pollen and lavender)
salt + pepper to taste
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat an 8 inch non-stick pan over medium-low heat. Add your bacon and cook until starting to get crispy. Remove bacon from the pan to a paper-towel lined plate. Discard all but 2 tsp. bacon fat.
- Sautee the green garlic and baby broccoli in the bacon fat until tender. Pour the whisked eggs (season with salt and pepper) into the pan and gently move around the ingredients so they are evenly distributed.
- Add the bacon. Cook for 2 minutes, until the eggs start to cook from the bottom up. Dot the top with goat cheese and place in the oven for 5-7 minutes, until the eggs are cooked through. Serve topped with a simple salad (optional).
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer