Author Notes: I devised this dressing one night for a family "salad dinner" of our favorite smoked salmon, steamed haricots verts and hard-boiled egg (See my Not-quite Niçoise with Lime-Chive Cream). It was just so good. —creamtea
1 1/2 - 2
tablespoons crème fraîche
Fine sea salt to taste
teaspoon mild honey
tablespoons minced chives
tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Grate the lime with a zester and set zest aside. Halve lime and juice one of the halves.
- Whisk crème fraîche, lime juice, zest, salt, and honey together until smooth.
- While whisking, add olive oil in a thin stream until blended.
- Add chives and whisk again to incorporate . Drizzle over individual salads.Note: if increasing, taste for seasoning as it should be tart but not too tart and may require adjustment.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Green Stuff