If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Put your leftover roasted vegetables to good use. Curried carrot and parsnip soup is a silky blend of last night’s veg! —garlic and zest
- 2 cups oven roasted parsnips and carrots
- 2 cups vegetable stock, divided
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 onion, cut into large dice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a small saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion and sauté until onion is tender, about 3-4 minutes. Sprinkle on the curry powder and stir to combine. Cook the onion mixture for an additional minute until warm and fragrant. Add 1/2 cup vegetable broth and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until onions are softened. Set aside.
- In a blender add the leftover roasted vegetables and the remaining broth. Puree until smooth. Add the applesauce and blend again to combine. Add the curried onions and process until smooth. If soup is too thick add a little vegetable broth to thin it out.
- Pour the soup into a saucepan and warm over medium heat. Serve.