Author Notes: For this salad you can use red or green cabbage. —anka
head of red cabbage about 3 pounds (you need only half for 4 salads)
teaspoon sea salt
teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
tablespoons apple cider vinegar
tablespoons sunflower seed oil
- Cut the cabbage in half.
- Cut the half in half again and cut the core out.
- Place the flat side of the cabbage down on the board and start slicing crosswise, or use mandolin or box grater.
- Add salt and pepper and massage cabbage for one minute (I personally recommend it, but it's not necessary).
- Add the oil and vinegar and mix, let sit for 20-30 minutes, check and adjust seasoning.
- The longer it sits the better it tests.It will hold in the fridge for a day or two.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shaved Salad
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer