If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: For this salad you can use red or green cabbage. —anka
head of red cabbage about 3 pounds (you need only half for 4 salads)
teaspoon sea salt
teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
tablespoons apple cider vinegar
tablespoons sunflower seed oil
- Cut the cabbage in half.
- Cut the half in half again and cut the core out.
- Place the flat side of the cabbage down on the board and start slicing crosswise, or use mandolin or box grater.
- Add salt and pepper and massage cabbage for one minute (I personally recommend it, but it's not necessary).
- Add the oil and vinegar and mix, let sit for 20-30 minutes, check and adjust seasoning.
- The longer it sits the better it tests.It will hold in the fridge for a day or two.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Shaved Salad
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer