If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Buttermilk is the liquid left behind after cream was churned into butter. Since almost all the fat is in the butter, buttermilk is naturally low in fat yet it still has a thick creamy texture. Today, commercially-made buttermilk comes in various fat amounts so be sure to look for the lowest. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com... —Healthline
pound fresh blackberries
pint low-fat buttermilk
tablespoon fresh lime juice
teaspoon fresh lime zest
- Place blackberries in a blender or food processor and pulse 10 to 12 times. Pour puree through a strainer, pressing to extract as much juice as possible; discard solids.
- Combine blackberry puree, sugar and remaining ingredients and stir until combined. Pour mixture into an ice cream freezer and freeze according to directions.
- Serve immediately or freeze up to a week.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for the Shore
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer