If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Yes tofu! You've got to trust me on this one. This recipe is made up of simple ingredients; not only does the tofu add extra protein, but it also makes the dessert super creamy! The recipe is also sugar-free and extremely easy to make. Ice cream lovers-rejoice! —Madeline
- 1 packet soft tofu–drained and patted dry with a paper towel
- 1/2 cup agave
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup strawberries–hulled and left whole
- 1/2 cup non-dairy dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Place the tofu, agave, vanilla, and strawberries into a blender, and puree until smooth.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker, and freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions-about 15-20 minutes or until ice cream forms.
- f you choose to use the chocolate chips, stir them into the ice cream mixture at this point, and run the ice cream machine for approximately one more minute. Place the ice cream in a bowl, and freeze for at least an hour before serving. Top with more diced strawberries and a mint leaf to garnish. Delicious!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer