If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My pea soup is surprisingly simple and packs a lot of flavor even though it only contains a few ingredients. I’ve made many soup recipes in the past, but the ones that I like usually have a massive ingredient list. This is what motivated me to create a soup that is easy yet delicious. The beauty of this soup is that, since the recipe does not contain any overbearing spices to hide the taste, the flavor of the peas really comes through. —Madeline
- 2 medium leeks–rinsed and sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic–about 6 cloves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 quart low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 1 pound bags of frozen peas–thawed
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium high heat. When hot, add leeks and sauté until translucent-about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add peas, vegetable stock, and salt and pepper to taste. Bring the soup to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Blend soup until smooth in a blender or in the pot with an immersion blender.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer