If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Perfect side dish, you can make ahead and just reheat before serving. —anka
- 2 pounds red cabbage sliced
- 1 red beet grated
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a large pot, saute onion for 1-2 minutes.
- Add rest of ingredients and 1 cup orange juice or just water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until cabbage is tender, you will have to add more water.
- Serve with any roast, fried chicken or fish.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe