If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: You will not believe that this cake is only made of marzipan and eggs. Nothing else and it still tastes amazing, has a super consistency and will even look good on your coffee table. A big thanks to my mother-in-law for this great recipe. —adinab
Makes 12 - 14 slices
- 500 grams marzipan paste
- 8 eggs
- icing sugar, optional
- butter to grease the springform
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius/ 340 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Break the marzipan into small pieces and place it the food processor.
- Add the eggs two at a time and mix until you have a smooth paste with absolutely no lumps in it.
- Grease a springform (26 cm/ 10 inch diameter) with butter and pour the paste in it.
- Bake at 170 degrees Celsius/ 340 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes. Turn down the heat to 110 degrees Celsius/ 230 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 75 more minutes until lightly golden.
- Start checking after 50 minutes at 110 degrees Celsius by sticking a toothpick in the middle of the cake. It should come out clean, with no bits sticking to it. If there are still bits sticking to it, continue baking and check every 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and leave the cake another 10 minutes in the oven. Take it out, let it rest in the form for about 15 minutes, take out carefully and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Dust with icing sugar if you wish. Not too much because the cake is very sweet as it is, just to make it look even nicer.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer