If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I've always underestimated rosemary until I tried using it in a cookie recipe recently. The piney, sweet and savoury flavour and aroma is a perfect complement to the lemon zest and pine nuts I used in the cookie. The recipe is on my blog if you're interested.
Armed with a new found respect for rosemary's versatility beyond roasted potatoes and soup I decided to toss some into my snack smoothie one day and there you have it, an alternate use for rosemary. It adds another dimension to the sweet smoothie, balancing it out with an earthy note that is complemented by the lemon juice. Hope you enjoy it. —Nissrine @ Harmony à la Carte
- 1 Frozen Banana (medium size)
- 1/2 cup Coconut Water
- 1/4 cup Fresh Raspberries + a few more for garnish
- 1-2 teaspoons Fresh Rosemary, leaves only, finely chopped (adjust amount based on how strong you want the rosemary flavour to be)
- splashes Fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Blend the frozen banana with the coconut water and rosemary until smooth.
- Blend in raspberries and a splash of lemon juice until smooth.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries and serve immediately.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer