If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Make this sauce only when you have truly ripe tomatoes and an excellent olive oil on hand. Because the sauce only has three ingredients, each one needs to be the best you can find. This recipe was written by the Healthline Editorial Team: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/simply-sublime-tomato-sauce —Healthline
- 2 pounds spaghetti
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 big cloves garlic, peeled and sliced thin
- 4 very ripe medium tomatoes, chopped
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Place a pound of pasta (preferably spaghetti) into boiling water, stir, and bring back to a boil.
- Bring the sauce up to a simmer uncovered and season with sea salt to taste (you may need to add more). When the pasta is 1 minute from being done, scoop 3/4 of a coffee mug full of the pasta water and pour into the sauce. Bring the sauce back to a strong simmer and drizzle in remaining olive oil. Drain pasta well and scoop into the sauce. Turn and coat evenly, allowing the pasta to absorb the sauce. Let stand for 1 minute.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Vegan Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer