If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The 'Black-eyed Pea & Saffron Rice #' is an easy go to meal when you want something that satisfies like Sunday dinner on a Tuesday night. —Gina aka Ms. L'Amour
- 2 pounds chicken breast, cubed
- 15 ounces blackeyed peas, canned (drained)
- 16 ounces saffron yellow rice, package (Mahatma)
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 2.5 cups chicken broth
- Heat cooking oil and add seasoned chicken (salt & pepper to taste) and onion. Cook until chicken cubes are seared.
- Add rice, chicken broth and beans and stir. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and cover, cooking for roughly 15 minutes or until chicken is done and rice is soft and fluffy.