If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Don't be fooled by the simplicity of these little buns! They have a crispy top, soft center, and irresistibly crunchy bottom! —@weekendbreakfast
cup Bread Flour (Don't substitute with All Purpose flour)
cup Original Flavoured Tofu Dessert (Sweetened)
teaspoon Baking Powder
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a bowl, stir flour and baking powder together.
- In a mixer, blend/puree tofu. Add tofu to the flour mixture and combine well.
- Dust a flat surface with flour, knead the dough. (Dough tends to be very sticky, clean and dry hands after)
- Using a tablespoon, scoop a spoonful of dough onto a flour-dusted surface. Sift a bit of flour on top. Shape dough between your palms to form a ball. Repeat step to make a total of 6 buns.
- Fill a small bowl with cold water. Quickly dip each of the buns in. Arrange onto prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 27-30 minutes on middle rack. Best served immediately (when tops are crispy and bottoms are crunchy). These buns freeze well, reheat/toast in a warm oven to regain crispiness.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer