Author Notes: A nice cream soup for those cold winter days —chocochips
tablespoons Butter, unsalted
Onion, yellow-small, small dice
cup Flour, AP
Salt & Pepper
In This Recipe
- Melt the butter in a large pot over low heat. Slowly brown the butter until golden.
- Add in the onion and cook until they begin to caramelize.
- Add in the cauliflower and cook until they go nice and soft.
- Add in flour and mix until there is no more dry flour. Cook for an additional three minutes without browning the roux.
- Add in the milk and whisk until the roux is fully incorporated. Turn the heat to just below medium and whisk occasionally making sure to get the edges to prevent burning.
- As the soup thickens additional milk may be needed to thin out the soup. The soup should be able to coat the back of a spoon without pouring off.
- Once the soup has cooked for approximately 15 minutes, the starchy taste of flour should be gone, remove from heat and blend until smooth.
- Add in the nutmeg and season with salt and pepper. Can be served with some cheese, chives, green onion, or on its own.