Author Notes: The secret ingredient to this dish is Seasonello, which is an aromatic herbal sea salt from Bologna, Italy. It's a combination of sea salt, rosemary, garlic, sage and pepper. This is my go to spice for roasted chicken thighs, potatoes, vegetables, flatbreads, and flavored oils. This is a great side for roasted meats and the best part is you can make it ahead. —Brunella Topic-Vigliotti
Head of Cauliflower cut into florets
cup Half and Half
teaspoons Seasonello Bologna Aromatic Herbal Salt
- Steam cauliflower until very tender. Let dry on paper towels for a few minutes to absorb the moisture.
- Saute shallots in 2 Tablespoons of butter until they are soft and start to turn golden in color.
- Add cauliflower, shallots,half and half and Seasonello to food processor and combine on medium speed until they have a smooth consistency.
- Put mixture in a saucepan and reheat over medium heat. Stir in remaining butter and add more Seasonello and pepper to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipes with 5 Ingredients or Fewer